Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2010

We Got the devil on the run.

Let me begin by saying Merry Christmas to one and all. God has had me preaching through the epistle of James for some times now. When I first started preaching through this epistle the church took a turn. You see James is all about spiritual maturity. James is all about moving the people of God from the whinnig to worshipping, from fear to faith.

so when I frist started this expository explanation of the eternal word of God, every thing was find. In chapter one they still fell asleep. In chapter two they perked up a bit but still texted and talked. By the time we go to chapter three some thing happened that baffled me. One begin to argue with another. This one was not speaking to that one. Every ministry in the church seems to be at war with each other.

By the time we go to chapter four, I was tired, troubled and tempted to call it a wrap. What did you do preacher? I'm glad you asked. Just last week I came home from work on my lunch. It had snowed so I took the snow shovel and decided to take out my frustration on the snow.

As I was shoveling, I began to talk to the Lord. I explained to God how I did not understand why all of a sudden it seemed as though ALL HELL had broken lose in the church. So there I was shoveling and crying oout to God. Like at the baptism of Christ, God spoke. What did he say preacher? Wait a minute I'm going to tell you.

God said wipe your eyes before you freeze to death. God told me that the reason is seemed as though all hell had broken lose was becasue we had the devil on the run!....I stopped shoveling, not becasue my back was hurting but becasuse I needed to make sure I had heard God correctly. Say that again Lord. Stop. Rewind. Play. God said the reason it seems like all hell is breaking out in the church is becasuse you got the devil on the run. I shouted, hollereed, and screamed!!

God showed me that when ever you preach His word, on the surface it may seem like the people are getting worse, but in reality they are getting better. Glory to God. God showed me that satan is not going to just roll over and play dead, he is not going to go quietly into the night without a fight. Satan is going to lose every hell hound at his disposal to afflict the people of God in order to get them to fall back into their evil way. God said the hell you are experiences is nothing more than growing pain.

I asked God how do we keep satan on the run now that we have him on the run. Anybody want to know what God said? God said the key to keeping satan on the run is found in James 4: 6-10: Be humble. Submit. Resist the devil. Draw near to God. Wash your hands. Purify your heart. Stop laughing at sin. Stop grieving the Holy Spirit and grive over your sins. Mourn (not becasue somebody has died, but becasue sin is killing you). Wail. Change. Be humble. Well I believe I have said enough. I believe I will run on now to see what the end will be. Thank you Father for renewing my focus, for restoring my joy and for reassuring me of my purpose.....Keep the devil on the run....Still praying.

1 comment:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Amazing what God says while we shovel, keep quiet, don't tell everyone or else my church will figure out why I am in the parking lot on Sundays now shoveling, lol

Keep running,

Owens