Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I feel like going on





Today my wife and I celebrated our third year of service to the church God assigned us to (New Peter's Rock). The church showed us much love and we are ever so grateful for each member and whatever role they played in making our celebration a memorable one. We had three powerful preacher to come and bless the body over the course of three nights. First was my own pastor, Rev. Witherspoon (Bethlehem MB Church South Bend). He preached about the "Preeminence of preaching. Next was Rev. Bacon (Mt. Calvary of Niles Michigan). He preached about "But God." This evening the preacher was Rev. Davidison (Greater Friendship MB Church South Bend). He preached about "The land in-between."

I was truly blessed and humbled by these mighty men of God who took time out of their busy schedules to come and share with us out of their convictions. I thank each one as well as all the other Churches that came and shared with us. A dear friend of mine that could not make the service dropped by long enough to bless us (Pastor Owens, Macedonia MB Church South Bend). You all are in my prayers.

So the question now is what have I learned that I can pass on to you my readers: 1). I learned that you can't neglect the sheep for the goats. There will always be one or two making noise, don't let that draw your attention away from feeding the flock of God. 2) I learned that if people really put their mind to do a thing, that can do it. Often time we think we have to micro-manage every event, every incident that happens in the church, news flash....We don't.

3) I learned that as a leader, I must use a telescope not a microscope. Leaders look into the future, managers only look at right now. Managers do things right, Leaders on the other hand do the right thing regardless of the consequences. So if you are a leader, called by God, do what is right and let God deal with the fall out.

4) I may not see the fruit of my labor, but every now and again God will let me peek in the window. Like Rachel I have cried out to God, "Give me children lest I die." But I discovered you can have children out of season (spiritually speaking). God will add to the church as He sees fit, so wait on Him.

5) I have learned that when I think our young people are not listening, they are. I have had young people come up to me two, three weeks after I have preached a certain message and repeat it to me word for word.. So leave them alone, they are paying attention.
5) Finally I learned that my wife can hold her own. She may be the weaker vessel, but she is still God's vessel. Again I just wanted to share with all of you what you may or may not know, about what I have learned over the course of these three years.... I had to cry. I have laughted, but through it all, I feel like going on...Still Praying.

No comments: