Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Your Elect Lady.








On yesterday I attended a worship service with my wife. The theme of this service was, "The Elect Lady." The purpose of this service was to encourage the wives of ministers/pastors. It was held at Faith Deliverance Center in South Bend IN. The First Lady of the house spoke words of encouragement to all the other Elect ladies in the house then they honored a specific Elect lady, my wife. I must say she was very moved and I couldn't stop crying.

You see I had to agree with all they things they said about her. Her love is unwavering. Her loyalty is never in doubt. Her patience is steady. Her friendship is unmeasurable. As I sat there listening to the Evangelist I swelled with pride and I was humbled by God for He chose me to be the husband of such a fine vessel of honor.

I do not know all that she goes through in being the wife of a pastor. I don't know the silent tears she cries. I don't know if she is holding her pillow tight because it's comforting or because I may not be there when she needs me. All I know is she is my companion on this christian journey and she is dear to me.

So if you have an Elect lady in your life, hold her close. Whisper in her ear. Feel her with your heart. Let her know just how much she means to you. Because when the days of shepherding God's people are done(and they will come to an end), she will still be your Elect lady. So thank you Kathy for being my Elect lady, my friend, my love.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Good exhortation. Thank you.

Brad

HALLELUJAH said...

Great sister-inlaw.