Total Pageviews

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Prayer Today

Disturb me, O Lord,
When I am too pleased with myself;
When my dreams come true,
Because I have dreamed too little.
When I arrive safely,
Because I sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb me, O Lord, when
With the abundance of things I posse,
I have lost my thirst for the waters of life,
I have ceased to dream of eternity.
And in my efforts to build a new earth,
I have allowed my vision of the new Heaven to dim.

Disturb me, O Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wilder seas where storms will show your mastery where losing sight of land, I shall find the stars.
I ask you to push back the horizons of my hopes, and to push me into the future
In strength, courage, hope and love.

Sir Francis Drake

2 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Nice Add rev

Owens

HALLELUJAH said...

Disturb me, O Lord, and I will be ever so grateful for your mercy and grace.