Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Preaching through the book of James

I have been preaching through the book of James for the last couple of months. James is all about spiritual maturity. I have been blessed beyond measure by preaching through this book. I can't thank God enough for laying it on my heart to walk this road of maturity. Today I dealt with "The power of the tongue." It was an uncomfortable topic but a much needed one. Today I did something I don't normally do, I preached without notes and it was a joy...Thank you God for growing me up....Still praying.

2 comments:

HALLELUJAH said...

What could be a destructive member of ones body in the tongue lies eternal death or eternal life.

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

James 1:26 (NIV)

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

I know you are doing a good job and your church is being blessed.

Keep running,

Owens